Introduction into Innovation and Research
FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
Study Programme: MSc Business Information Systems
In the introduction week of the masrter's programs Business Information Systems and International Management
the students work on an Innovation Challenge. Within 3 days the students create prototypes of innovative solutions
and present them at an exhibition. The approaach is based on the Google Design Spring.
The students are prepared during an interactive introductory session:
Students of the MSc in Business Information Systems attend lectures about research methodology taught by
Dr. Frieder Witschel and Prof. Thomas Hanne.
- Introduction: What is research?
- Judging research and the research process
- How to define your topic
- How to find, manage and cite relevant literature
- How to choose a research methodology
- Evaluating Research Results
- Structuring your paper